Sunday, October 14, 2012

Lokrum Story Concepts: Imp Redesign

Another acrylic moleskine sketch done in the same manner as the last time I painted my wood themed imp character, but touched up digitally in areas, making it mixed media. I always love how mixed media painting turns out, but I always feel that the physically painted original goes to waste after being scanned. Anywho...

Look is more feral than last time, and uses more imagery showing assimilated wood and plantlife she has grafted to make her body appear as it does. Being a young imp, she has yet to craft "wings" that would complete the goofy demonic look her race resembles upon adulthood. Originally I sketched in equine legs to resemble a mythic fawn, but that clashed with the rather lanky child sized build of the figure. Might consider legs similar to birds of prey or bats however in finalization.

No comments:

Post a Comment