Thursday, August 23, 2012

Charlie reference materials 1

I had forgotten how long reference sheets can take if you didn't have a set look for the character already.
These are basic reference materials for the character Charlie from my first post here; he is a rabbit I had drawn since around seventh grade when he populated my school notebooks. From bubble bodies to realism, he has gone through many changes, but I'm happy to finally get a look I'm satisfied with down in digital media finally. Done in permanent black ink and digitally touched up


*Digital flats, might post black and white line art on its own later.
His lunchbox is mimic by the way, he doesn't eat tongues.




**I prefer an angular look to my forms, the head is a accented rough cut roundish lemon.
**The body is a curved quadrilateral that pinches at both vertical ends.
**The ears are typically crooked but change angle freely as he moves, kind of like messy hair on a child
**The arms are very loose tubes and serve as hominid limbs for reference sake, but they rest typically in  front of him, like an actual rabbit.
**The legs are a combination of human and rabbit like the arms, the extra joint in the foot is visible upon moving and maintains a rabbit's leg shape unlike many cartoon animal limbs.

I probably type way too much for these posts.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment